|Select Board 1-29-09|
Select Board Meeting
January 29, 2009
Present: Daniel Boyer
Norman John Arrison
Henry C. Cobb
Others Present: Rolly Cann, Budget Committee
Darre Moore, Budget Committee
Larry Melen, Town Manager
Lisa Sargent, Recording Secretary
Julia Lloyd Wright, Eagle Times
1. Call to Order by Chairperson: Mr. Arrison called the Weathersfield Select Board to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Adopt Fiscal Year 2010 General Fund Budget: Mr. Boyer made the motion to adopt the General Fund budget for $928,562, Mrs. Daniels seconded the motion. Mr. Melen said this represents a 3.13% reduction. One percent is in the appropriations, which were put to vote, and the other is due to reductions. Mr. Cann asked if the Select Board would point out the appropriations at the Town Meeting, Mr. Arrison said they would explain it on the floor. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Adopt Fiscal Year 2010 Highway Fund Budget: Mr. Boyer made the motion to adopt the Highway Fund budget for $992,131, Mrs. Daniels seconded the motion. Mr. Melen said the big cut in this budget was the paving of Tenney Hill Road, which will remain gravel for now. Mr. Arrison also noted there is 15% less on the income side in anticipation of the State Highway Aid freeze. Ms. Lloyd Wright questioned the Murray Flats Bridge; Mr. Melen said that is a borrowing article. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Adopt Fiscal Year 2010 Solid Waste Management Fund Budget: Mr. Boyer made the motion to adopt the Solid Waste Management Fund budget for $299,870, Mr. Cobb seconded the motion. Mr. Melen noted this includes a $5 reduction in the utility fee on the tax bill and it is the only budget that increased – it increased 2.6%. Motion carried unanimously.
Mr. Melen said the budget as adopted would result in the tax rate down over last year just over one penny. Mrs. Daniels asked if this included if all appropriations passed, Mr. Melen said yes.
5. Adopt Warning for March 2nd – 3rd Annual Town Meeting: Mr. Cobb made the motion to approve the Warning as presented for the annual town meeting on March 2nd & 3rd, 2009. Mr. Boyer seconded the motion, which passed without dissent.
6. Adjourn: Mr. Boyer made the motion to adjourn. Mr. Cobb seconded the motion, which passed without dissent. The Select Board meeting was adjourned at 7:41 p.m.
Approved by the Weathersfield Select Board on February 19, 2009
Norman John Arrison
_______________________ Henry C. Cobb