Town Manager, Tax Collector, and Health Officer
The Town Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town, and is responsible to the Selectboard for the management and coordination of all functions of town government. The specific function of the Town Manager is defined in Title 24 Chapter 37 of the Vermont Statutes.
Ed Morris was appointed to the position of Town
Manager in February 2016. Ed has obtained a Masters degree in Public Affairs (MPA) from the University of Missouri. He completed his undergraduate studies at Colorado Technical University receiving a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
Before coming to Weathersfield, Ed had a 16 year career as a firefighter in Twin Falls Idaho, and served a year long internship as an Assistant to the City Administrator in Jerome Idaho.
| Ed Morris
Contact Ed Morris
It is the mission of the Town Manager to ensure that quality, effective, and efficient services are provided within the law, the policies established by the Selectboard, and the resources of the Town of Weathersfield, while maintaining transparency, open communication, and high ethical standards.
- maintain a well-trained, motivated, and team-oriented staff
- ensure efficiency while providing services within the confines of the Town’s limited resources
- prepare and maintain the Town budget
- assist the Selectboard to develop, update, and implement long-range strategic plans that sets the vision for the future of the Town
- maintain records of the Town’s operation
- ensure the conformance with federal laws and guidelines, state statutes, and town ordinances and policies.
- Assists all departments with policy creation, procedural efficiencies, and other management and administrative tasks.