BOARD OF CIVIL AUTHORITY
MARTIN MEMORIAL HALL
JULY 11, 2017
John Arrison Greg Adamovich Lynn Esty Everett Bingham
Mike Stankevich Kelly Murphy Ginger Wimberg Peter Cole
Amy Beth Main
Flo-Ann Dango, Town Clerk, BCA
Marion Ballam, Assistant Town Clerk
Steven Hier Dan Boyer Ellen Clattenburg Richard Clattenburg
Chairperson Mike Stankevich opened the meeting at 6:30 pm, explained to the BCA board the sole purpose of this meeting is to set a date for the Appeal Hearing. Flo-Ann advised the board she will be on vacation until August 7, 2017 and would like the meeting to be held on August 8, 2017. Flo-Ann explained legal process in holding a grievance hearing. She also advised the BCA Board that a notice of decision was returned as undeliverable by mail, it was hand delivered to the owner of the property which he seemed happy with the change, however he has an extended time to respond and ask for an appeal.
Ginger Wimberg made a motion to set August 8, 2017 at 6:30 pm as the date for the appeal hearing.
Lynn Esty second.
Vote was unanimous.
Discussion: Mike Stankevich explained the process of an appeal:
• Appellant brings forth information regarding their property and comparables.
• At the hearing the board must choose 3 members and 1 lister and a date to view the property.
• The appellant cannot bring any new evidence to the site visit.
• If the BCA or lister is not allowed on property then the appellant loses the case.
• The site visit team takes notes at the property and brings the information back to the BCA
• Only the board members present at the hearing can discuss and vote on the decision.
John Arrison made a motion to adjourn. Peter Cole second, the vote was unanimous.
Meeting ended at 6:50 pm
Assistant Town Clerk