The Ancient Roads Committee was tasked with finding the layouts of the roads listed below. The results of three years of research are given next to each description.
Road A: Ox Road, from Tenney Hill Road to Goulden Ridge Road where Goulden Ridge Road crosses Gird Lot Road. This road turned out to be part of a very much longer road that stretched from Hidden Glen Road to Grout Lane. The layout s is recorded in Volume 2, page 96 of the Town Proceedings. It was originally laid out in 1783.
Road B: Old Camp Hill Road from Skyline Drive to Weathersfield Center. This road was discontinued in Volume 39, page 63 of the Land Records. It was discontinued in 1962.
Road C: Blood Brook Road, from Yewell Lane, past French Mill, along Blood Brook to Gird Lot Road. This road was discontinued in Volume 39, page 126. It was discontinued in 1962.
Road D: A Road, possibly called "Shun Pike", connecting South Mountain Road to Thrasher Road. No evidence of this road layout was ever found.
Road E: Henry Gould Road extended eastward, over Town Pike Hill, crossing Cascade Falls Road, and reconnecting with Route 131. This road was discontinued in 1970.
Road F: From Ascutney Basin Road up Young's Brook. This is an access trail to Little Ascutney Mountain, and is the only dead-end road included in this list. This road was laid out ibn Volume 3, page 38 of the Town Procdeedings. The road was originally laid out in 1808.
Road G: Lottery Lane Extended, from where Lottery Lane meets Little Ascutney Road, North to Ascutney Basin Road. This road was laid out in 1808. It is recorded in Volume 3, page 37 of the Towns Proceedings.
Road H: The Carley Road, from Stokes Road extending westward to the Springfield Town Line. This road connects to Chevalier trail in Springfield, and comes out on River Street in Springfield. This road was laid out in1797and is recorded in Volume 2, page 141 of the Town Proceedings.
Road I: Asa Grout Lane Extended. This road starts on Perkins Hill Road opposite the old Perkins farm, goes out past the Asa Grout cellar hole, crosses the Crown Point Road, and re-connects with Reservoir Road near the Springfield town line. This road was laid out in 1799 and is recorded in Volume 1, page 19-20 of the Towns Proceedings.
Road J: A piece from Weathersfield Bow to the Interstate where it becomes Old Bow Road. This road is the eastern end of what is now called Old Bow Road. It was laid out by the Town in 1786 and is recorded in Volume 2, page 91 of the Town Proceedings.
Road K: Old Bow Road to the Springfield town line where it becomes Bugbee Road. There is no evidence that this was laid out as Town road.
Road L: Weathersfield Center Road from the church to the Springfield town line where it was relocated in 1900. This road has not been found.
Road M: Old Justus Dartt Road, opposite the current home of Mike Kamel. This road was laid out by the Town in Volume 2, page 158.
Road N: An old road off the Lavigne/Mountain View Road, heading west behind the Folsom property. No evidence of this road has been found.
Crown Point Military Road: The Town claimed this road as a town road from the Cavendish town line to the Springfield town line in 1782.