• Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

DRAFT
TOWN OF WEATHERSFIELD, VERMONT
MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
Monday, April 9, 2018

I. Call to Order
Chair, Nancy Heatley called the meeting to order at 7:01pm,
Introductions: Howard Beach, Nancy Heatley, Ed Morris (Town Manager), Paul Tillman, Michael Todd, Julia Lloyd Wright (Energy Coordinator, ex-officio)
Visitors: Jason Rasmussen, Senior Planner, Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission (SWCRPC)

II. Agenda Review - No changes

III. Review Minutes from previous meeting
A motion was made by Michael Todd to accept the corrected Minutes of March 26, 2018, seconded by Howard Beach. Voted: Unanimously

IV. Transportation and Education
- Review of Minor changes to other Town Plan Chapters
Transportation - The Transportation Chapter was read through with only minor changes to words and grammar. Highway tables were also reviewed. Edited suggestions on the chapter will be incorporated by Jason Rasmussen into a clean copy for review by the Planning Commission at the next meeting on April 23, 2018.
Education - The Education Chapter was also reviewed and a clean copy will be available for approval at the April 23, 2018 meeting.

V. Zoning Bylaw Sections - Final Review
a. Fragmentation/Subdivision of Agricultural Lands
There was a discussion on zoning protection for contiguous prime agricultural soils of statewide significance on any property. In looking at subdivision regulations, bylaws should consider that 100acre piece of land cannot be subdivided in small parcels and there is no way to get around it. Jason Rasmussen will have some suggested changes and language for the next meeting. The Planning Commission will look at subdivision regulations at the next meeting then vote on the language.
A motion was made by Michael Todd to approve a bylaw for Fragmentation/Subdivision of Agricultural Lands 3.2.1 and send it to the Selectboard for review, seconded by Paul Tillman. Voted: Unanimously.

b. Small-scale and Large-scale renewable Energy Systems
Michael Todd requested a bylaw 4.2.4.6 be added “All other applicable zoning bylaws shall apply.”

There was a discussion on performance standards and regarding noise pollution and Michael Todd said that systems need a permit if they meet requirements for large and small-scale projects.

A motion was made by Michael Todd to send Small-scale and Large-scale Renewable Energy Systems to the Selectboard for review, seconded by Paul Tillman. Voted: Unanimously.

c. Off-Street Parking
Off-Street Parking has already been sent to the Zoning Board for their review.

A motion was made by Michael Todd to send Off-Street Parking to the Selectboard for review, seconded by Paul Tillman. Voted: Unanimously.

VI. Village Designation Mapping Proposal
Jason Rasmussen produced village center maps for Perkinsville and Ascutney. Concise boundaries were discussed and it was agreed that village centers would be reduced with smaller areas. It was also agreed that Jason Rasmussen will produce an official map for the Exit 8 Interchange in Ascutney.

A motion was made by Michael Todd to approve boundaries for Village maps of Perkinsville and Ascutney, which Jason Rasmussen will prepare, to be sent to the Selectboard for review, seconded by Paul Tillman. Voted: Unanimously.

VII. Agenda Review for April 23, 2018.
• Continued Hearing for George Sargent subdivision
• Bylaw Setbacks
• Accessory Dwellings - Review documents
• Home-based Businesses - Review documents
• Gas Stations and Convenience Stores - Review documents

The next meeting will be held at 7pm on April 11, 2018 for an Executive Session

VIII. Adjourn.
A motion to adjourn was made by Michael Todd at 9:25pm, seconded by Paul Tillman. Voted: Unanimously.