Weathersfield Veterans Memorial Committee Minutes
July 18, 2017
Present: Chip Cobb, Ernie & Cookie Shand, Lisa & Jeff Slade, Edith Stillson
1. Approve Minutes: Jeff Slade made the motion to approve the minutes dated May 9, 2017. Ernie Shand seconded the motion which passed without dissent.
2. Review Memorial Day Event: The feed back was it went well despite the rain, the wreath was nice, the speaker(s) did well and, there was a large attendance.
3. Discuss panel placement: Chip said the panels could go at the Martin Memorial Hall, the Weathersfield Proctor Library and the Weathersfield School At this time there are four panels to be displayed. It was decided that Victor Jarvis & Roger Eastman would go at the Martin Hall, Bev Howe would go to the Library and the Encampment would go to the school. Panels will be rotated on a schedule to be determines. After discussion (about framing so they look and hang better) Ernie Shand made the motion to spend no more than $600 to frame the four panels and four descriptions which will be displayed with the panels. Edith Stillson seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
Lisa and Jeff Slade have the panels and will work on getting them framed as soon as possible (assuming the cost is under $600).
4. Agency fund status: Chip said our balance is $6584.
**** Break for Ice Cream!****
5. Annual Chicken BBQ: The Annual Chicken BBQ will be on Saturday September 30th along with other town wide events that are happening that date. Chip will do advertising as needed. We will talk about this more at the next meeting. If anyone knows of someone willing to help us at this event it would be greatly appreciated!
6. Adjourn: Jeff Slade made the motion to adjourn. Ernie Shand seconded the motion which passed without dissent.
Respectfully submitted, Lisa Slade
Approved by the Weathersfield Veterans Memorial Committee on September 5,2017