Weathersfield Veterans Memorial Committee
October 10, 2017
Present: Lisa & Jeff Slade, Edith Stillson, Gloria Ballantine, Cookie & Ernie Shand and Chip Cobb (via telephone)
1. Approve minutes from previous meeting: Jeff Slade made the motion to approve minutes dated September 5, 2017. Gloria Ballantine seconded the motion which passed without dissent.
2. Chicken BBQ results: Lisa Slade said the profit was $483.12, it was the first BBQ that we had rain. Thank you everyone that helped.
3. Veterans Day, Saturday November 11th. Chip has done the flyer, Lisa printed them and shared with those in attendance. They will be posted throughout the area. Chip will work on advertising.
Chip has already done a lot of work getting everyone lined up to talk and/or participate.
Ernie Shand made the motion to spend up to $150 for a wreath which Lisa will order. Gloria Ballantine seconded the motion which passed without dissent. Lisa and/or Edith will bring the wreath and wreath stand to the ceremony.
Cookie will ask Helen & Patience Bearse if they would like to sing and/or play an instrument. She'll also ask Christina Gregory. This will be in addition to the music provided by the school.
Lisa will ask Chief Daniels and the Fire Departments if someone would like to place the wreath.
Gloria will ask Richard to set up some chairs.
Chip will create the programs. Once completed he will email them to Lisa to print and members of the Committee will hand them out at the ceremony.
4. Misc: The Committee was sad to hear of the passing of Phyllis Jarvis on October 5th. Phyllis and her husband Pat has helped on several Chicken BBQ's and we missed them at the last BBQ. Ernie Shand made the motion to donate $50 to the Womens Supportive Group in her memory, Edith Stillson seconded the motion. Chip will work on how to get a check from our Fund from the Town Office. Cookie will purchase, write and mail a card to Pat Howe offering our condolences. Motion passed unanimously.
The next meeting will be April 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. This meeting will be to plan the Memorial Day ceremony.
5. Adjourn: Jeff Slade made the motion to adjourn. Ernie Shand seconded the motion which passed without dissent.