1879 Perkinsville Schoolhouse Committee
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:30 PM
at 1879 Perkinsville Schoolhouse
Attending: deForest Bearse, Matt Keniston, Dottie Richardson, BJ Esty, Alison Roth Regrets: Karen McGee
- deForest called meeting to order – 6:40 pm
- Approve minutes from 8/21/2018 meeting – Matt moved to approve; BJ seconded, all approved.
- deForest will have a financial report after Matt and Darlene confer.
- Matt Report. Re: windows: wants to get work done on the transoms; there are also four windows to finish, they are in progress. Ramp still in progress too, Matt is looking at contractors to give us a bid for the ramp and the pathway, including surepak. It is a very busy time right now for contractors with winter approaching, Matt is not sure how soon he will get bids back.
- Yard sale: deForest announced that we are accepting items for the sale on Friday and Saturday this weekend. Also she is looking for additional help on October 6th for the actual sale. Matt asked what we would do with what is left of the yard sale items. Dottie suggested the North Springfield Schoolhouse group might take it for their yard sales which happens periodically
- deForest and Matt met to come up with a budget. In the North Classroom we need to get rid of floor buckles and check on the electrical work. Also need to check on electrical, including putting in outlets, in the Ell. We need to finish the sink cabinets and get counter tops installed. In the basement we will install receptables, and also put in a vapor barrier. RE: the storm windows, it has been two years -- we are eligible to apply for another Vermont Historic Preservation grant, which will protect our investment in the building. We also would like to work on the Belfry. In addition, we would like to add insulation to the building. We hope that we would get at least $1k to go into the Capital Improvement reserve fund. We need to get finalized financial numbers after Matt works with Darlene. Matt will get numbers for the windows and from contractors as soon as he can.
Consensus of the group is that the list of schoolhouse projects deForest and Matt put together is good. .
- Next meeting – 6:30 pm October 17th (Wednesday). We hope to have a finalized budget, usual updates, results of the yard sale.
- Motion to end the meeting: BJ; seconded: Matt. All in favor.
Thanks to all!
Alison Roth, clerk