Regular Meeting of the Prudential Committee
ASCUTNEY Fire District #2
6:00 PM, Monday, May 14th, 2018
MARTIN MEMORIAL HALL, ASCUTNEY VERMONT
Members in attendance:
Prudential Committee –Everett Bingham, William Southard and Paul Tillman
Manager – Ed Morris
- Meeting was called to order by Everett Bingham at 6:00 P.M.
- No Changes to the agenda
- Minutes from April 9th, 2018 –
Motion was made by Paul Tillman and seconded by William Southard to approve the minutes from April 9th, 2018.
Motion passed 3-0
- Water Ordinance Discussion- The water ordinance distributed last month was discussed and it was determined to be a good idea to put together a policy that explains how our system will be managed. This will allow seamless transitions between board members and future managers. It will also provide future customers to understand the requirements and expectations before they decide to hook to our system.
- Bylaw Review- Everett Bingham asked why our bylaws state that the Selectboard will appoint a member of the board if there is a vacancy midterm. After researching this statement Ed Morris found that the language in the bylaws is statutory and needs to stay in our bylaws. There was also discussion that the Prudential Committee can pick the person to fill the vacancy before sending that name to the Selectboard for appointment.
- Other information- Ed Morris informed the Prudential Committee of a water leak on Cemetery Road. He also informed the Prudential Committee that the leak would be repaired early next week.
- Warrant – William Southard made a motion to accept warrant
with expenditures totaling $6,550.90, seconded by Paul
Operations = $6,029.09
Project = $0
Total = $6,029.09
- Meeting adjourned at 6:36